“My letters don’t make me better than you, they make me better than I used to be” – Unknown
What is Recruitment?
Sigma Alpha Recruitment is a week filled with activities for potential membership candidates who wish to become sisters in our sorority. The events planned for Recruitment Week are not mandatory, excluding the interviews and Initiation. However, the more events you attend provides a better idea for us (and you) to know if we are the sorority that best fits you. The intention of Recruitment Week is to enable the current chapter to evaluate the girls best suited for our sorority. We actively encourage any girl interested to to come see us during Recruitment Week. It is the time that we share our “first imp
ressions and memories” with potential sisters.
Things to Know
- You cannot be in another Professional or Panhellenic Sorority if you wish to Rush Sigma Alpha
- You must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.25
- You must participate in at least one other extracurricular activity, or work 20 hours per week
- You must successfully complete the Membership Education period and activation procedures
- If you have any questions please contact our Recruitment Chairman, Kelsey Thornton.
For the schedule of the next semester’s upcoming recruitment please check out our news/upcoming events page! Also, like our Facebook page for updates on Recruitment events and other Sigma Alpha information.